- Climate: continental
- Site description : Nobatek building on the ENSAM campus in Talence
- Date of construction : 1960
- Current use of the building: Office and experimental workshop, with a zone which can be compared to residential use
- Area: 100m2 (2 floors of 50m2 each)
HYBUILD French pilot site has a full retrofit planned for 2018-2020 : it aims at integrating the latest energy efficient technologies to make it an exemplary demonstration building. The pilot building area is split over two floors : the ground floor is used as an experimental platform (changing rooms with showers are considered); the first floor is used as an office area: it includes a meeting room, the director’s office and an administrative office. The hybrid compact storage system for continental climate will be installed in this pilot site. The maximum heating power consumption expected after the foreseen retrofitting operations is 10 kW. The following technologies will be applied in the building: PV, PCM thermal latent storage, Heat pump.
- Climate: Mediterranean – subtropical
- Site description : Kiriacou Karaoli Square (Aglantzia)
- Date of construction : 2005
- Current use of the building: Multifunctional center
- Area: 140m2
The Aglantzia case study is a listed building located in the city centre square. This pilot aims at converting the current building as a cornerstone of social interaction and creative activities. The building will become a benchmark for a permanent digital exhibition of renewable energy technologies and supportive equipment to serve as a space for informing the society about the use of smart technologies in our homes capable of offering the transition to a low carbon economy and high levels of energy savings. The hybrid compact storage system for mediterranean climate will be installed in this pilot site.
- Climate: Mediterranean
- Site description : Residential house in Almatret
- Date of construction : 1970
- Current use of the building: Residential
- Area: 107m2
In the Almatret demo site, the Mediterranean system will be installed and tested. The system will contain Fresnel solar collectors to capture the solar thermal energy, photovoltaic (PV) panels to produce electricity from solar radiation, a low temperature storage tank with phase change material (PCM) in thermal contact with the evaporator of the compression system (heat pump), and a sorption thermal storage system thermally connected with the solar thermal collectors and with the condenser of the compression system.