HYBUILD is an EU Horizon 2020-funded project, coordinated by COMSA CORPORACIÓN, which will develop two innovative compact hybrid electrical/thermal storage systems for stand-alone and district connected buildings.
HYBUILD aims at developing cost-effective and environmental-friendly solutions, while ensuring comfort conditions in residential buildings located in two different climates: Mediterranean climate where cooling is critical; and Continental climate where a stronger focus is put on heating demand.
- Project Start : October 2017
- Duration : 4 years
- Total budget: 6M€
The work plan of the project is organised around the following key activities :
- Identification of building and system requirements. This work will ensure that HYBUILD will be compliant with requirements of building sector in every country and end users prescription, thus providing a coherent line up for materials, components and systems development.
- Design of core components and modules of the HYBUILD overall solution : the core components (Zeolite/aluminium HEX, RPW-HEX and DC controller) of the hybrid storage systems as well as their corresponding modules (sorption storage, latent storage, electrical storage) will be designed and developed.
- Integration and test of the hybrid storage sub-systems : the overall hybrid storage systems for Mediterranean and Continental climate will be integrated, realized and tested in a controlled environment.
- Smart control and System integration : smart and predictive control algorithms will be developed and implemented ; they will be associated to the hybrid storage system. The integration of each sub-system will be designed and simulated.
- LCA, LCC and standardization : this work will set the environmental requirements of the materials, components and systems via LCA screening.
- Demonstration and evaluation. The developed systems will be installed and monitored in real demo- sites in order to validate their energy efficiency as well as economic feasibility. See further details in the Pilot sites section.
The detailed work plan (Work Packages) of HYBUILD is further described on this page.